This Policy applies to personal information regarding guests and the other individuals who visit us, and to the use of that personal information in any form, whether oral, electronic and/or written. References to “YO1 Health Resort”, “YO1”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending upon the context, collectively refer to YO1 Health Resort.
3. Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that identifies or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process may include:
– your name, gender, personal and work contact details, business title, date and place of birth, image, nationality, and passport and visa information;
– biometric information, voice recognition (e.g., Alexa), facial recognition;
– guest stay information, including dates of arrival and departure, goods and services utilized, special requests made, observations about your service preferences, telephone numbers dialed and faxes, texts and telephone messages received;
– your credit card details, payment method details;
– any information necessary to fulfil special requests (e.g., health conditions that require specific accommodation or services);
– information, feedback or content you provide regarding your marketing preferences, in surveys, or promotional offers, or to our Web site and those of third parties;
– information collected while at YO1 Health Resort through the use of closed circuit television systems, internet systems (including wired or wireless networks that collect data about your computer, smart or mobile device, or your location), card key and other security and technology systems;
information collected while you access a YO1 Health Resort Web site (we describe this in more detail in Section 6, below);
– contact and other relevant details concerning the employees of corporate accounts and vendors and other individuals with whom we do business (e.g., travel agents or meeting and event planners); and
4. How We Use Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws, we may collect, use, and disclose portions of your personal information to:
– provide and charge for hotel accommodation, wellness center services, and other goods and services;
– provide you with a better or more personalized level of service, including information and services from a third party (such as additional guest services at YO1 Health Resort, local attractions and transportation options);
– facilitate services on your behalf, including restaurant and transportation transactions;
– fulfill contractual obligations to you, anyone involved in the process of making your travel arrangements (e.g., travel agents, – group travel organizers or your employer) and vendors (e.g., credit card companies, airline operators and third-party loyalty programs);
– conduct market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys, and direct marketing and sales promotions (although please see Section 7 below for more information about how we conduct direct marketing);
– provide for the safety and security of staff, guests and other visitors;
– administer general record keeping;
– meet legal and regulatory requirements;
– test and evaluate new products and services; and
– YO1 Health Resort uses and retains your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it is being processed, and in line with our legal and regulatory obligations and risk management guidelines.
5. Disclosures of your Personal Information
From time to time, we may disclose your personal information. We would always make that disclosure in accordance with applicable law. In some jurisdictions, data privacy laws may require us to obtain your consent before we transfer your information from your originating country to the United States. When you agree to this Policy, you are, to the extent required and permitted under your local law, granting your consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States for the Purpose and to the extent stated in this section and as described in Section 4 above. Circumstances, where we might make such disclosure (in addition to those described in Section 4 above), include:5.1 Our Agents, Service Providers and Suppliers
We may outsource the processing of certain functions and/or information to third parties. When we do outsource the processing of your personal information to third parties or provide your personal information to third-party service providers, we oblige those third parties to protect your personal information in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy, with appropriate security measures.
5.2 Consumer Insights:Where we hold personal information about you, we may disclose this personal information to other companies that also hold information about you. These companies may combine the information to better understand your preferences and interests, thereby enabling them and us to serve you better. If your personal information is used for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to that by contacting us using the contact information provided under Section 12 below. Further information about how we conduct direct marketing may be found at Section 7 below.
5.3 Credit Authorization: When you request credit, your personal information will be used and disclosed to appropriate third parties in accordance with applicable laws for the purpose of determining whether to grant and maintain a line of credit to you.
5.4 Business Transfers:As we continue to develop our business, we may sell all of part of our operating business or other assets, or cease being the owner or manager of a particular YO1 Health Resort location. In those circumstances, we may include the personal information collected about you, or control of that personal information, as a business asset in any such transfer. Also, in the unlikely event that we, or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, personal information collected about you, or control of such information, may be one of the transferred assets.
5.5 Legal Requirements:We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or lawfully requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations and any specific record retention laws.
International Transfers of Personal Information:In the course of your communications with us from outside the United States, for YO1 Health Resort products and services, this will result in the transfer of your personal information from one country to another. For example, if you make a reservation outside of the United States, the personal information gathered in that process will be transferred to and processed in the United States. Whenever your personal information is transferred to or within YO1 Health Resort, your personal information will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy and applicable laws.
6. Information We Collect When You Visit Us Online
If you access the YO1 Health Resort Web site, you may wish to know the following:6.1 You Can Browse Without Revealing Who You Are:You can always visit our Web site without logging in or otherwise revealing who you are.
6.2 Usage Information:When you visit our Web site, we collect information about how you use this Web site. Examples of such information include the Internet Protocol address automatically assigned to your computer each time you browse the Internet, the date and time of your visit, the pages you access and the amount of time you spend on each page, the type of Internet browser you use, your device’s operating system and the URL of any websites that you visited before and after visiting our Web site. That information is not linked to you as an individual unless you create a user profile, but we may keep records of the type of device being used.
6.3 Cookies and Other Similar Technology:We use cookie technology on our Web site to allow us to evaluate and improve the functionality of our Web site. Our cookies by themselves cannot be used to reveal your identity. They identify your browser or device, but not you, to our servers when you visit our websites.
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your Internet browser. However, if you block them, you will not be able to use all of the features of our Web site, including the customization features associated with creating a user profile.
Further information about cookies and other similar technology and how they work is available at allaboutcookies.org.
6.4 Social Media:Our Web site may also contain plug-ins and other features that integrate third-party social media platforms into our Web site. You will be able to activate them manually. If you do so, the third parties who operate these platforms may be able to identify you, they may be able to determine how you use this Web site and they may link and store this information with your social media profile. Please consult the data protection policies of these social media platforms to understand what they will be doing with your personal data. If you activate these plug-ins and other features, you will be doing so at your own risk.
6.5 Creating a User Profile:You can create a user profile on YO1.com, which, among other things, facilitate your online transactions, and to tailor your experience on our Web site to your interests. This allows us to make more appropriate recommendations to you. We may use the information you provide in your user profile to populate other databases maintained by us and our service providers, as applicable. By creating a user profile, you are agreeing that we may use the personal information you provide for these purposes.
You can view, update or remove any personal information that you have provided to us for inclusion in your user profile by amending your user profile online. If you subsequently elect to remove your user profile, we reserve the right to use any personal information previously provided by you for inclusion in your user profile for record-keeping and quality assurance purposes (unless we are required by law to delete or cease to process or use your personal information). Even if you choose not to create a user profile, you can still use our Web site to search for and purchase services.
6.6 Security:Because the security of your personal information is important to us, we require Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) software to encrypt the personal information that you provide to us. When using TLS, your transmission of personal information to us online is encrypted. You can verify whether your personal information is transmitted using TLS encryption by confirming the symbol of a closed lock or solid key inside your browser address bar. You can also verify that your personal information will be encrypted using TLS encryption by making sure that the prefix for the web address listed for that page has changed from “http” to “https”. If you do not see the appropriate symbol and/or the “https” prefix, you should not assume that the personal information that you are being asked to provide will be encrypted prior to transmission.
The personal information we collect from you online is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse or alteration of personal information that may affect you so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
6.7 Minor Children:Our websites do not sell products or services for purchase by children and we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children. If you are under the age of 18 (or a minor in the jurisdiction in which you are accessing our websites), you may only use our websites with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
6.8 Targeted Advertising:Where permitted by law, we may work with other companies to share advertisements or marketing that we think you may find relevant and useful. This may include advertisements displayed on our own Web site or apps or communications sent by us, or advertisements from us displayed on other companies’ Web sites. The advertisements you see may be based on information collected by us or third parties and/or maybe based on your activities on our Web site or third-party websites.
You may always choose what personal information (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name). If you provide us with your contact details (e.g., postal address, email address, telephone number or fax number), we may contact you to let you know about the products, services, promotions, and events offered that we think you may be interested in. We may also share your personal information with carefully-selected third parties, who may communicate directly with you. In some jurisdictions, data privacy laws may require us to obtain a separate consent before we do so. You can always choose whether or not to receive any or all of these communications by contacting us as described in Section 10 below or following the “unsubscribe” instructions contained in the communications. In some jurisdictions, in addition to you agreeing to this Policy, data privacy laws may require us to obtain a separate consent before we send you information that you have not specifically requested. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied (e.g., where communications are required to fulfill your requests and/or where you have volunteered information for use by us). In other cases, we may seek your consent expressly in accordance with applicable laws (e.g., where the information collected is regarded to be Sensitive Personal Information under local regulations).We will abide by any request from you not to send you direct marketing materials. When such a request is received, your contact details will be “suppressed” rather than deleted. This will ensure that your request is recorded and retained unless you provide a later consent that overrides it.
8. Updating or Accessing Your Personal Information
With some limited exceptions, you have rights to access and update personal information held about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request by letter or email to the addresses set out in Section 10 below. Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information we may require to make that determination. Where you make more than one request in quick succession, we may respond to your subsequent request by referring to our earlier response and only identifying any items that have changed materially.You may request that we correct, delete, and/or stop or restrict processing or using personal information that we hold about you by sending a letter or email to the addresses set out in Section 10 below. If we agree that the personal information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped, we will delete or correct the personal information. If we do not agree that the personal information is incorrect we will tell you that we do not agree, explain our refusal to you and record the fact that you consider that personal information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your request, you can escalate your concern to our Privacy Officer by sending an email to PrivacyOfficer@YO1.com.
9. Changes to this Policy
Just as our business changes constantly, this Policy may also change. To assist you, this Policy has an effective date set out at the end of this document.
10. Request for Access to Personal Information/Questions or Complaints
If you have any questions about this Policy, about the processing of your data described, or any concerns or complaints with regard to the administration of the Policy, or if you would like to submit a request (in the manner described in Section 8 above) to exercise your rights in relation to the personal information that we maintain about you, please contact us by any of the following means:
– by calling the YO1 Health Resort toll-free reservation number: +1 855 200 6003;
– by mail at YO1 Health Resort, Attn: Privacy Officer, 420 Anawana Lake Road, Monticello, NY 12701, United States; or
– by contacting the front desk at YO1 Health Resort, 420 Anawana Lake Road, Monticello, NY 12701, United States.?If you are not satisfied with the response that you receive, you can escalate your concern to the our Privacy Officer by sending an email to PrivacyOfficer@YO1.com.All requests for access to your personal information must be submitted in writing by letter or email. We may respond to your request by letter, email, telephone or any other suitable method. Effective Date: June 2018