• Ayurveda – The panacea for the modern world
Everyone in today’s times seeks better health and longevity with a holistic approach. So, how can one achieve this? The answer lies in the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda – an extremely effective healing system that combines physical, psychological, and spiritual health. It works on the basic principle of identifying the root cause of the disease and working towards its total eradication. It tries to enhance the body’s inherent capability to fight disease and restore good health and happiness. Ayurvedic treatment is not only about treating physical ailments, but also about achieving better health and happiness. Ayurveda can help cure physical illnesses and address various mental health issues.
• The Building Blocks of Ayurveda
Did you know that your unique physical and mental characteristics are determined by the proportion of three doshas - Vata, Kapha, and Pitta - in your body? One of the doshas is usually more dominant than the others. A person’s dosha (a type of bodily humor) determines their personality and health. The doshas are a combination of the five elements that make the earth – Aakash (space), Jala (water), Prithvi (earth), Teja (fire), and Vayu (air).
1. Ayurveda’s aim is to maintain an equilibrium between body, mind, and soul to increase immunity and enable the body to develop the ability to fight and cure diseases.
2. It helps to repair the body parts and tissues that may have been impacted due to the disease and the corresponding imbalance caused.
3. Ayurveda connects people and their health to the basic elements in the universe and accordingly classifies people into three types of doshas. It accords great importance to the universe and the five key elements that are the building blocks of living organisms.
4. It ensures a great focus on mental health and medical subjects such as genetics, diet, gynaecology, physiology, and cosmology. It also includes learnings from related subjects such as botany, cultivation, personal hygiene, and chemistry.
• Benefits of Ayurvedic treatment
Ayurveda traces the root cause of the disease and tries to eradicate it. It enables the body to become stronger and develop the ability to fight diseases better. At YO1, our Ayurveda program offers a truly authentic, comprehensive, and customized experience that is designed for each individual guest.
Why use chemicals when you can get the perfect skin care the natural way? Through natural remedies, Ayurveda offers the dual benefit of enabling you to gain healthy and glowing skin while not applying any chemicals to the face and body. Try our Ayurvedic Podikizhi massage or mud bath, which can help to detoxify and keep your skin healthy and glowing.
• Weight loss management:
Lifestyle diseases are linked to obesity, which has become a growing concern across the USA. Are you looking for effective ways to manage your weight? If yes, then head to YO1 for ayurvedic therapies to achieve your health goals. By working on a balanced diet and detoxification of the body, Ayurveda enables you to lose weight and subsequently manage it well, without harming the body. Udhwarthanam with Bashpaswedana massage offered at YO1 is a proven remedy for weight management.
• Stress Management:
In a world where anxiety has taken over our lives, Stress Management has become the need of the hour. At YO1, Ayurvedic treatment modes such as Shirodhara, Abhyangam, and Kayashudhi enable you to relieve physical stress as well as emotional stress.
• Sleep Management: